Monday, January 5, 2009

Breakfast Sandwich at Naidre's

Sometimes I want something more hearty for breakfast, and when I don't feel like I can or want to make something for myself, I turn to Naidre's (502 Henry St., at Sackett St., 718-596-3400, there's also one in Park Slope). On the weekends it can get very crowded, as their breakfast sandwiches, coffee and pastries are top-notch, so there isn't always a table available, especially if you're a large group.

On this particular occasion I got their version of the Egg, Bacon & Cheese sandwich on a sesame seed bagel. You can choose different bread (the flaky croissants are great), but the result is the same. A tasty, full-flavored breakfast sandwich with quality ingredients. There's a good amount of egg, the cheese is melty and the bacon is thick, salty & smoky.



They also have a coffee card thing, so for every nine coffees you buy, the tenth one is free! I live really close by, but during slower times, if there's a table free, I'll sometimes stay to sit and enjoy the neighborhood hustle and bustle while I eat. There's free wi-fi too.

3 comments:

BestViewInBrooklyn said...

I've gotten sandwiches there a couple of times, and they've always been fantastic. The lemonade was yummy, too. It's places like that that make me wish I hadn't been priced out of my apartment. Ah well.

I lived there when the space (I'm pretty sure it was that space) was still the Cammareri Brothers bakery. I heard they are opening a new place over there now.

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Yes! It used to be Cammareri Bros. bakery (I saw them filming Moonstruck there back when I was in Junior High!). They seemed to have joined with the Monteleone Bakery on Court St. (they renovated their space about a year ago and re-opened with both names).

Naidre's went through a rough patch when the original Naidre sold the Henry St. space, about a year ago too, but they seem to have found their legs again. Yes, excellent Lemonade and the best brownies I've ever had.

Thanks for the comment!!

rony @ catbird said...

also super mac and cheese, really good coffee and great treats! when it's not too crowded it's a really nice place to hang out.