Monday, May 3, 2010

Chocolate from Nunu Chocolates

This is going to be short and sweet, but that's fitting as I'm writing about CHOCOLATE! Nunu Chocolates (529 Atlantic Ave., between 3rd & 4th Avenues, 917-776-7102) was started by a husband & wife team and initially their chocolate treats were sold at stores and markets around town. They were able to open their Flagship store in Downtown Brooklyn about a year ago. It's a sweet little spot on a busy stretch of Atlantic Avenue, with a few tables, a window seat and a small couch at which you can stop to enjoy their wonderful wares.

I went in for a Hot Chocolate (on a recent cool afternoon) and if my taste buds could do a double take, they would have. This was the richest, fullest, creamiest hot chocolate I've ever had. AND the dusting of chocolate flakes on top! Gorgeous!



I also picked up a caramel-filled chick for later. Nunu uses only the finest chocolate from a family-run farm in Eastern Colombia that practices sustainable farming, and you can tell. This little chick was super sweet & creamy, and filled with an almost salty and toasted-tasting caramel. You can see some of it oozing out of the side!



Check this place out. Their chocolates come boxed in pretty little packages that make perfect little gifts. They also do custom orders!

2 comments:

SkeeterNYC said...

Had a really nice time with Justine and Andy too! Did you see the cute video I did about their story? http://www.foodcurated.com

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Thanks for sending the video to me. I'll make sure to check it out when I have some time!