Monday, August 18, 2008

More Tasty Sandwiches at Frankie's

I can't get enough of the Frankie's lunch experience. I also wanted to give my veggie-readers more to drool over. This is the Eggplant Parmigiana sandwich, made on the same Grand Daisy Bakery bread as last week's sandwich, and is overflowing with delicious, savory eggplant covered in melty fresh mozzarella cheese. How can you go wrong?



Actually, and this is my preference, but I find the tomato sauce at Frankie's a little too strong. I think it's the amount of Romano or Parmesan cheese that they must add to the sauce that pushes it over to the wrong side of the line from tasty to too much. It's not bad but when, like me, you grow up with real, homemade Italian cooking, you tend to veer towards the flavors you were reared on. I'm sure the Frankie's folks grew up with sauce that tasted like this, maybe it's regional, but I like my red sauce a little softer and rounder.

This is not going to stop me from ordering this again, because it really is remarkable. Paired with a good beer or Limonata, and it's Lunchtime Perfection.

1 comment:

aj said...

Okay you are pandering. I ate one of these at least twice a week for two years. Best thing on the menu, short of the fava bean salad that they no longer serve. Probably my most eaten meal in NYC.