Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Donuts from Peter Pan

My boyfriend used to live in Greenpoint and on weekends we'd either go out to Brunch or head to Peter Pan Bakery (727 Manhattan Ave., between Meserole Ave. and Norman Ave., 718-389-3676) for a donut or a gigantic iced cinnamon roll as big as your head that'd last us all day. I can no longer just pop over for some deliciousness and often think about their donut holes and those cute Polish girls in their mint green jumpsuits. So it was with great delight that we found ourselves strolling down Manhattan Avenue the other day, at that point in the day when you just need a small pick me up, so we stopped in for a Chocolate Glazed and a Bavarian Cream Eclair.



Oh MAN those donuts are good. I mean, really really good. No chemically aftertaste, pure, rich chocolate frosting, light fluffy sweet bread, and the cream filing was pretty amazing as well. Thick, vanilla flavored and delicious. They were even still a little warm! Oh joy! They also have bagels, muffins, coffee, milkshakes & eggcreams and and a really good classic egg & cheese sandwich on a roll. Get there soon and see for yourself!

Peter Pan Donut & Pastry Shop on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Nomi Lubin said...

Damn. And I don't even like donuts!

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Cuz you haven't had one of these!

Anonymous said...

Their wheat\glazed donuts are really good. I'm a picky foodie, and I eat my donuts there (when I'm in NY).

Giovanna said...

my boyfriend used to live in greenpoint, too! i don't think i've ever had these and i so need to go back and try them. yum.

FN said...

Thanks for this one, gonna put it on my NY to-do list. Love donuts!!