Monday, March 29, 2010

Brunch at The Farm on Adderly

***Happy Passover!
And whoo-hoo, 102 followers!
Thanks everyone!***

I had dinner at The Farm on Adderley (1108 Cortelyou Road, between Rugby & Argyle Roads, 718-287-3101) back in the early fall and loved it, so I was excited to see what their Brunch was all about. I went with a friend to celebrate her birthday, and ended up bumping into other friends waiting for a table at the bar. It's a central spot in the neighborhood, and crazy-crowded during those prime Brunch times! We got a cozy table for two at the front in the window, so it was bright and semi-private, as there were only two tables up there - it's the rear of the restaurant that has the majority of tables. We settled in and placed our orders.

I picked the Poached Eggs & Grits with cheddar grits and sauteed escarole. I was pretty disappointed with this dish. The eggs were so undercooked, there was raw egg-white pooling in the grits. I hate that! The grits were nice and cheesy and the escarole flavorful and tender, but the eggs just made everything yucky. They started out looking good though.

I also got a side of bacon which was OK. It was a bit greasy, which overwhelmed the meat's

My friend ordered well though. She got the Sausage & Eggs with one housemade breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, home fries and salad. The sausage were excellent - succulent, savory with herbs and substantial. The home fries were OK - I prefer mine crispier, but the onions were a good addition and the eggs were nicely done.

She also got an order of the Chocolate Brioche with Sea Salt & Butter which was a bit on the dry side. I liked the juxtaposition of the sweet chocolate and the salt though, and the thick slices made it easy to share.

All in all it was a nice brunch. Next time I'll make sure to ask for my poached eggs to be well-done or something. The food is made with quality ingredients and it's fairly priced at $7 - $9 per entree.

The Farm on Adderley on Urbanspoon


Erica said...

Next time, try the french toast. It does not disappoint.

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Thanks for the tip!

T.K. Danovich said...

I've only been there a few times for dinner. I keep meaning to go to the lunch. The brioche sounds amazing.