Monday, December 29, 2008

Brunch at Zazie in Cole Valley, SF

Happy Holidays!!! Since this is a vacation week for many, I'm going to take this opportunity to write about five meals I had in San Francisco during a trip there this fall.

The first morning of our trip was spent in the Upper Haight/Cole Valley neighborhoods. Our lovely guest suggested Zazie (941 Cole St., between Carl St & Parnassus Ave., 415-564-5332) for Brunch and it turned out to be a perfect spot for our first lazy morning on vacation. We were seated outside in their overflowing-with-flowers & sun drenched garden. Bonus - the milk is organic and the eggs are hormone-free, free range and organic.

We started out with special Mimosas. Mine was with Blackberry Juice and my boyfriend got one with Orange Sherbet. They were delicious and beautiful. Oh, also, I accidentally knocked down the Orange Sherbet one and they brought us another, gratis! That's a sign of a nice place!



I got the Poached Eggs with Smoked Salmon, Red Onions and Capers served on English Muffins with Hollandaise Sauce. This was very tasty - perfectly poached eggs, not too much sauce, and really good potatoes on the side.



Of course, I had to get a side of bacon, YUM!



My boyfriend got the Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with whipped cream on top. These were delicious and the flavor was subtle. They were moist, if a bit dense.



I highly recommend Zazie!

Zazie on Urbanspoon

No comments: