Thursday, February 10, 2011

Breakfast at Milk Bar

I had the good fortune to go to Milk Bar, (670 Vanderbilt Ave., at the corner of Prospect Pl., 718-230-0844) recently, a bustling little cafe that serves incredibly delicious things. Whether it's the coffee, the baked goods or the main meal, it's all beautiful and tasty.

I ordered a full order of the Full Eggs, which means that I got two slices of incredible bread, each topped with ham, melted cheese, tomato (I also got it with avocado, which is extra) and a poached egg. Fantastic. You can get a half order of this, which is just one slice of bread with all the toppings. They have a vegetarian version, a plain version and a version sans eggs. I recommend going all out though!



The hubby decided to get the Scrambled Eggs on Croissant, which also came with ham & tomato and cheese. The croissant was flaky, moist and yummy, and made for an excellent bed for the sandwich fillings.



I also couldn't resist getting an order of the Cinnamon Toast, thick cut sourdough bread, topped with butter, cinnamon & sugar. It was decadent - just sweet enough to satisfy the need for sweet, and buttery enough to make it a sort of hearty treat.



And like I mentioned earlier, the Latte I had was not only fabulously flavorful, it was also gorgeously presented. I love this place and it's friendly owner, with whom we chatted after our meal. He's also got Cafe Madeline in Ditmas Park. Anyone been?

6 comments:

Fernley said...

This is not good. Have. to. eat. breakfast. soooon.

Was that pink salmon under the egg? (first image)

Eat It Brooklyn said...

I know! It was SOOOOO good. And no, not salmon, ham! THanks for the comment!

Poep Sa Frank Jude said...

oooh, that toast looks sooooo good! I'm going to want to have some with a latte when I'm next in NY!

Nomi Lubin said...

Yes, this is not good. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Guess it is time to delete this blog from my bookmarks. I'm tired of looking for a new post.

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Anon: I'm touched you're so pissed I haven't been posting regularly. It means you really care! There will be a new post tomorrow (3/10/11) and an explanation soon to follow.