Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Breakfast at Pies 'n' Thighs

I think the trick to being able to eat at Pies 'n' Thighs (166 S.4th Street, at Driggs, 347-529-6090) is to go in the morning, for breakfast, when it's relatively empty, but lively with music and preparations for the day. I haven't tried to go for dinner in a while; those impossibly long lines scared me off, but when my husband and I went recently around 9am (they open at 8), the place was ours. And oh how happy we were!



I chose the Egg & Cheese Biscuit, with Bacon, natch. It truly was perfection on a plate. The biscuit was light & fluffy, yet dense and doughy and savory. The bacon was thick-cut, smoky and salty and provided the perfect contrast to the fried eggs with expertly runny yolks. (See above).



My husband got the Hippie, a Fried Egg Sandwich with sprouts, tomatoes, avocado and cheddar cheese on Whole Wheat Toast. This, too, was excellent. Every ingredient was fresh and flavorful and combined to create pure deliciousness. He also got a side of cheese grits, which they douse with tabasco sauce. They were good, but didn't compare to the amazingness of the sandwiches.



The interior of the new(ish) PnT is homey, country in the city, with mis-matched furniture, a chalkboard listing the menu, and accents of red & white gingham. Pure bliss.

Pies 'n' Thighs on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Nomi Lubin said...

Omg, I want this now.

Nomi Lubin said...

Hi. Went here today. Got the egg and cheese biscuit with bacon. Just as you described -- so so good. Thank you!

(Wish they had half and half for the coffee; that's is my only complaint.)

Nomi Lubin said...

I have to make another comment because my word verification word is "cooks." That calls for another comment, no?

Eat It Brooklyn said...

That's hilarious! Thanks for the comment - glad you enjoyed your meal. Can't wait to go back myself!