Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Brunch at Buttermilk Channel #3

Mmmmm, scrambles. Buttermilk Channel's take on the egg at Brunch. Perfect amount, perfect proportion and perfect combinations. Really, this place makes a good egg. On this visit to a local Brunch standby I picked the Scramble with House-Cured Lox, Green Onion & Cream Cheese. A small white porcelain cup with these ingredients mixed up together so the cheese gets melty and the other extras are wonderfully dispersed amongst the egg - yum. Salty, smoky salmon, just a bit of green onion to provide some fresh zing and cream cheese make for a delicious start to the day. Plus toasted dark pumpernickel bread and a round of excellently browned grated potatoes!



My boyfriend got the Scramble with Roasted Mushrooms, Spinach & Goat Cheese which was also a great combo, wonderfully mixed, melty in a good way, with a side of wheat bread, the round of hash browns and a small side salad.



We also got some sides of breakfast meats. The first time we got the breakfast sausage it was out of this world. It's a bit inconsistent though - still good, but not as amazing as it was early on. The bacon was good too, plentiful and providing that salty, meaty, chewiness that's important with Brunch, but not AMAZING.



I know some people feel like BC is all around an inconsistent place, but for me it's a quality, reliable spot where the service is friendly and neighborly and the food good enough for repeat visits.

6 comments:

Jessica Lee Binder said...

I told myself that I was going to make several trips to Brooklyn (and try many of your rec's) this summer and now I just realized that summer is over and I didn't. Ugh. Gotta get my act together.

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Autumn is a good time to visit Brooklyn too! And many of these places change their menus with the seasons so it's worth an extra trip as well!

NYC Girl Uninterrupted said...

God, I have to make it there! Next Sat.

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Don't go Saturday! They only serve Brunch on Sundays. I made that mistake once, wouldn't want anyone else to make it too!

Kelley, Sailing Chance said...

FINALLY made it here for brunch this weekend. So amazing. I couldn't even leave a crumb on my plate :)

www.undergrounddining.blogspot.com said...

pecan french toast! pecan french toast!