Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Brunch at Building on Bond

Walking around on a recent sunny Sunday, I found myself at Building on Bond with a bit of an appetite. The late afternoon sun poured in through the windows and while it was busy, there were a few empty tables scattered throughout the two rooms. The tall tables and stools accomodated a party of four with a stroller and at the two-tops near the windows single diners sat with their computers or books. I ordered a Veggie Burger, made with lentils, sunflower seeds and carrots. It was a substantial patty, moist and chock full of yummy ingredients, served on a soft but not mediocre bun.



I also got an order of the homemade chips, which were thicker than most, lightly salted and tasty. Not as awesome as I'd hoped, but a nice change from fries.



The service is friendly and attentive and the space lovely to sit in. Great for a simple meal on a quiet day.

4 comments:

FN said...

A burger and chips for brunch? That's hardcore!

Underground Dining said...

Just had the Veggie Burger this past Sunday. Pretty okay!

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Well, it was on the brunch menu. I had eaten breakfast earlier; this was at 3pm. They serve Brunch til 4.

merrellh said...

I <3 this blog. Great pics.