Monday, August 3, 2009

More Cookies!

I seriously love cookies. I think they are my favorite sweet snack, if I can go so far as to name something my favorite. But really, a good cookie is the best way to have a bit of dessert without committing to a major situation. Chocolate Chip Cookies are the absolute best, if and when they are made well, and I'm always on the lookout for good cookie.

I recently tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie from Jacques Torres in DUMBO (66 Water St., between Main St. & Old Dock St., 718-875-9772). It was incredible, almost as big as my head and loaded with huge, dark chocolate chunks. It was a bit underdone and overly sweet for me, almost uncooked in the middle. It was still a fine cookie though, and I didn't have a problem finishing it.



Then, one day recently walking in Greenpoint, I stumbled upon Cookie Road, (94 Franklin St., at Oak St., 718-383-8094), a new coffee/sweets/sandwich shop run by it's very friendly owners. They have colorfully painted the outside of their corner shop in bright orange hues which already has got opinions flying. I liked it and liked the seats outside under the awning, perfect for all the rainy days we've been having. I tried two of their cookies, but there are many other options. One was Peanut Butter and really tasted like Peanut Butter, not some imitation, or flavoring, but real peanut butter. It was flaky and dense, and really good.



I liked the Rocky Road cookie more though, I think because I prefer chocolate. This was a double chocolate cookie with pecans & chocolate chips and sprinkled with mini marshamallows on top. This was a good cookie! Chocolately and moist, it went excellently with a glass of cold milk.



I didn't try their coffee, which has had mixed reviews, but am definitely happy to go back to support them and my cookie habit!

7 comments:

Color Me Green said...

I walked by cookie road a few weeks ago and stopped in but didn't even see any cookies in there! just other kinds of desserts. maybe i wasn't looking hard enough or maybe it was because they had just opened.

FN said...

How does their peanut butter cookie stack up against the Trois Pommes version?

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Haven't had the Trois Pommes peanut butter cookie yet! It was pretty good, by peanut butter cookie standards. So often the peanuts are stale or it falls apart. This was in the top quarter I'd say. Not the best, but better than most.

BestViewInBrooklyn said...

Maybe I'll put off the diet for another week.

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Everything in moderation, right?

Anonymous said...

Those look amazing. And I love cookies too. Hard for me to pass up.

Nomi Lubin said...

"without committing to a major situation" -- Funny.